Sad! 1 person dead while four were being hospitalised after high levels of Carbon dioxide were found in Brooklyn




A man died and four people were hospitalized on Saturday after an high carbon dioxide levels were found in an abandoned building in Brooklyn and it wasnt stated if the gas was the cause of the man's death.

Firefighters found high levels of the odorless gas in the basement and upper floors of the building on Jackson St. near Humboldt St. in East Williamsburg.

One man was discovered unconscious in a second floor hallway at about 6:15 a.m. by one of four other people living in the building. He expired there and an autopsy was scheduled to determine the exact cause of death. All are believed to be squatters in the abandoned home.

None of the other four, two men and two women, showed signs of carbon dioxide poisoning, sources with knowledge of the case said, but they were taken to Cornell Medical Center for observation.

Investigators believe the high CO2 levels came from a generator that was running in the basement, officials said.

No comments:

Theme images by suprun. Powered by Blogger.