Skip to main content

More Updates: Italy coronavirus toll soars as north sealed off


The coronavirus outbreaks in China and Asian nation appear to be slowing, as countries elsewhere within the world adopt drastic measures to do and end the infection.

In Italy, where some 16 million people in Lombardy and other parts of the north are now under quarantine, there have been 133 deaths reported on Sunday, bringing the whole to 366. quite 7,000 people within the country are confirmed to possess the virus.

In Iran, there have been 49 new fatalities. Some 194 people have now died from COVID-19 there.

But the most recent figures from China and Asian nation suggest the virus may be slowing in northeast Asia.

China reported 40 new confirmed cases on Sunday, compared with 44 the day before. that's very cheap number since the National Health Commission started publishing national data on January 20.

Outside Hubei province, where the virus first originated late last year, China reported no new locally transmitted cases for the second straight day.

New infections in Asian nation also appear to be slowing.

Here are the most recent updates:

Monday, March 9
08:05 GMT - K-pop industry threaten by coronavirus
Following Japan's travel restrictions on South Koreans, more K-pop concerts scheduled in Japan are being cancelled, threatening to harm the Korean show biz in its most lucrative market.

South Korean boy band Super Junior called off its tours scheduled to require place on Annunciation Day and 26 in Japan, citing the japanese government's measures to "curb immigration."

South Korea's entertainment firm CJ ENM followed suit, postponing its annual K-pop festival KCON in Japan. KCON in Japan last year drew quite 88,000 fans, in line with CJ ENM.

Japan said starting Monday, people returning from Asian nation are quarantined for 2 weeks. Tokyo also suspended visa waivers and therefore the validity of existing visas for Koreans, followed by the same move by Asian nation, rekindling a diplomatic feud between the neighbours.

07:45 GMT - Italy, France urge Europe for economic stimulus plan
Europe must come up with a "massive" economic stimulus conceive to address the impact of the coronavirus outbreak, said French minister of finance Bruno Le Maire.

Le Maire told France Inter radio that the number needed for the stimulus plan are discussed at a March 16 meeting along with his European counterparts. Le Maire also said the coronavirus could cut French economic process below 1% in 2020 from a previous estimate of 1.3%.

The Italian government yet urged the ecu Union to adopt a package of measures to counter the impact of the coronavirus outbreak on the economies of the block.

07:30 GMT - Saudi state oil giant's shares fall 10 percent, halting trading
The state oil giant Saudi Aramco saw its shares visit 10 percent as Riyadh's exchange opened on Monday, halting trading.

The drop comes following a crash in oil prices on the worldwide market after OPEC and its allies did not reach a deal last week on production cuts to hold prices dented by the coronavirus.

Other Mideast markets fell as well: Boursa Kuwait clean up within half-hour of opening as stocks again dropped by 10 percent, the third such emergency halt to trading in recent days.

06:50 GMT - Italy to use a 'massive shock therapy': PM
As Italy fights to contain the coronavirus outbreak, Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte pledge to use "all human and economic resources" to return out of the emergency.

"We won't stop here. we'll use a large shock treatment," Conte told daily newspaper la Repubblica in an interview.

Conte added that the govt would use the flexibleness envisaged by European budget rules "in full".

Economy Minister Roberto Gualtieri last week pledged some 7.5 billion euros ($8.55 billion) in measures to assist the economy withstand the biggest outbreak of the illness in Europe, raising this year's deficit goal to 2.5% of national output from its current 2.2%. ($1 = 0.8769 euros).

06:30 GMT - Gulf Air suspending all flights in and from Asian nation
Bahrain-based Gulf Air announced on Twitter that it'll suspend all flights to and from the dominion of Asian nation.
The move comes as Asian nation, which has reported 11 cases of coronavirus thus far, suspended aircraft and ship services with Bahrain and eight other countries, including Kuwait, UAE, Lebanon and Syria.

05:20 GMT - Markets feel "double whammy" of virus and oil
There has been more turmoil on Asian markets this morning, with investors selling stocks and buying bonds amid growing concern about the health of the worldwide economy, not only thanks to the impact from the coronavirus but also thanks to oil.

Oil prices plunged about 30 percent after Asian nation slashed its official price.

04:50 GMT - Two members folks Congress go in isolation over virus
Texas Senator Ted Cruz and Arizona Representative Paul Gosar have put themselves into a 14-day quarantine after determining that they had contact with a person at the Conservative Political Action Conference who was later confirmed to possess the coronavirus.

Several other senators and members of the House of Representatives were also at the event, where US President Donald Trump and vp Mike Pence both spoke.

The White House says there's no indication that either of them met or were in "close proximity" to the person who was confirmed to possess the virus.

04:45 GMT - Asian nation hopeful of 'turning point' soon
South Korea is hopeful that true will improve, although it's warning against calling the height of its outbreak timely.

"I'm still extremely cautious, but there's hope we are able to reach a turning point within the near future," Prime Minister Chung Sye-kyun said on Monday before returning to Seoul from the hard-hit southeastern city of Daegu.

Vice Health Minister Kim Gang-lip said it absolutely was premature to mention the crisis was over, as new cases continued to emerge.

"There are still many patients arising from Daegu and nearby regions ... and sporadic infections still emerge elsewhere, though they don't seem to be spreading as fast," Kim told an appointment.

"In fact, now could be the time to concentrate all our capabilities to bring a transparent reduction in infections."

04:20 GMT - Near-major tennis tournament cancelled in US
The BNP Paribas Open, a near-major tennis tournament that was set to start in the week within the California desert, has been called off. this can be the biggest sporting event within the US to be called off over coronavirus concerns.

The announcement came on Sunday night after many players were already within the desert practising.

Qualifying matches were to start on Monday with women's main draw matches starting on Wednesday and therefore the men's games the day after.

The coronavirus has quite a impact on the world's sporting events and various tournaments are cancelled. We've been keeping an inventory.

04:15 GMT - New rules for mask purchases in Asian nation
South Korea has adopted a replacement distribution system for face masks and rationed the amount everybody should buy every week.

People can now buy masks only on the weekday reminiscent of the last digit of their birth year.

That means people born in years ending with one or six should buy masks on Mondays, while those born in a very year ending with three or eight should buy on Wednesdays.

No one is allowed to shop for quite one per week.

03:20 GMT - Shanghai Disneyland to open some resort facilities
Shanghai Disneyland, which was closed on January 25 thanks to the coronavirus, has reopened a number of its shops, restaurants and resort facilities on a limited basis.

Visitors will must bear temperature checks before admission, and therefore the resort will follow an "extensive range of measures designed to confirm a secure and healthy experience for all guests," it said on its website.

The main funfair will remain closed.

03:00 GMT - Ship heads to Singapore after being turned away by Thailand, Malaysia
The operator of the cruise liner Costa Fortuna said it absolutely was heading to Singapore to finish its journey on Tuesday as planned, after it absolutely was turned far from ports in Malaysia and Thailand over coronavirus fears.

Italian cruise line Costa Crociere said there have been no suspected virus cases among the passengers.

The company said it'd cancel a cruise thanks to depart on March 10 from Singapore.

Singapore port authorities haven't yet said whether or not they would allow the ship to dock

02:45 GMT - California preparing to dock cruise liner with confirmed virus cases
The Grand Princess, a cruise liner carrying quite 3,500 people from 54 countries, is anticipated to dock in California on Monday.

Twenty-one of these on board are confirmed to possess the coronavirus; everyone are required to spend 14 days in quarantine once they disembark.

Those needing acute treatment will leave the ship first.

"This could be a time that we must be guided by facts and not fears, and our public deserves to grasp what is going on on," Mayor Libby Schaaf said.

02:40 GMT - First case confirmed in Japanese city of Kobe
A woman in her 40s, who attended a live music show in Osaka, has become the primary person to check positive for the coronavirus in Kobe, officials said.

02:20 GMT - Asian nation sees smallest daily increase in infections in fortnight
The Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC) has announced its latest figures on the coronavirus outbreak there.

It confirmed a complete of 248 cases on Sunday - the littlest increase since late February and therefore the fourth successive day that it's been below the day before.

The KCDC will provide an additional update within the afternoon.

02:10 GMT - Embassies move on Democratic People's Republic of Korea as diplomats evacuated over virus
AFP is reporting that several embassies in Democratic People's Republic of Korea were closed on Monday as diplomats were flown out of the country.

The evacuation came after reports that a special flight was being arranged to fly diplomats and other foreigners from Pyongyang to the Russian city of Vladivostok.

Some 60 people were expected to be evacuated.

North Korea has not confirmed one infection but has imposed strict rules, including closing its borders and putting thousands of North Koreans into isolation.

It also subjected many foreigners - including diplomats - to severe restrictions.

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un warned last month of "serious consequences" if the virus reaches his country, which has banned tourists and suspended international trains and flights.

00:30 GMT - Albania becomes latest country to report infections
Albania has reported its first cases of coronavirus - a father and son who recently returned from Italy. Both are in stable condition.

More than 400,000 Albanians board Italy, which lies just across the Adriatic Sea.

00:20 GMT - PRC reports 40 new cases of coronavirus
China has just released its daily update on the coronavirus situation there, and it seems the outbreak is constant to slow.

The National Health Commission says there have been 40 new confirmed cases of coronavirus on Sunday, compared with 44 cases daily earlier.

That brings the whole accumulated number of confirmed cases in PRC to 80,735.

A further 22 people died from the virus, bringing the cost in PRC to three,119.

All but one in all Sunday's deaths were in Hubei, the central province at the epicentre of the outbreak. within the city of Wuhan, 18 people died.

Comments

Popular Posts

Bobrisky and his lover in bed in a hotel room enjoying themselves (Watch Video)

  Nigerian Barbie doll, Bobrisky took to Snapchat to share a video of himself and his lover in bed at a hotel.   READ ALSO:  Man arrested for having s*x with chickens and his own dog, resulting in the death of 15 chickens READ ALSO:  White man Beaten up Mercilessly by a Black man after calling him a Monkey (Watch Video) READ ALSO:  Argentina legend Diego Maradona dies at age 60 READ ALSO:   Acting DG of NABDA arrested over alleged N400m fraud READ ALSO:  White man Beaten up Mercilessly by a Black man after calling him a Monkey (Watch Video) In the video, the man refused to reveal his face as the cross-dresser tried to introduce him to his fans on Snapchat.  WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW View this post on Instagram A post shared by Elizabethblog (@elizabethblogng)

A real Ghost Caught on Camera in an Abandoned Hospital

A Ghost was seen to have appeared in an Abandoned mental hospital as Urban Explorers sight this on Camera. According to the two explorers, Jamie Osborne and Michael Cosgrove stated that they both went to Rosslynlee Hospital which was abandoned in Scotland near Roslin in Midlothian as they went to explore. READ ALSO:  A Man arrested and Jailed for 21 months after throwing eggs at police station Rooms inside the eerie derelict mental health facility had remained untouched for over a decade when it closed its doors. They had been taking it in turns to pose in a wheelchair that had been left in one of the hospital's rooms when they checked one image which appeared to capture a woman wearing a white gown "reaching over" Michael. READ ALSO:  Teacher In Trouble after Flogging a Student to death Over a Mathematics Question Jamie, from Edinburgh, described how the "air turned cold" when they entered the spooky facility and that they could see their breat

White man Beaten up Mercilessly by a Black man after calling him a Monkey (Watch Video)

A white man was beaten by a black man after calling him a Monkey. It was recorded that this Inicident happened in South Africa. The white man was beaten without mercy by a petrol attendant last night for the racist attack. READ ALSO:  A thief set ablaze in Delta for snatching phone with toy gun (Pictures) READ ALSO:  Bride-To-Be Kidnapped Just Three Weeks To Her Wedding In Jigawa state, Nigeria He was being attacked by the fuel attendant and his colleagues. And he even tried to fight back at a point but was overpowered by the fuel attendants who used a stick and a whip on him for allegedly calling one of them a ‘Monkey.’ WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW View this post on Instagram A post shared by Lindaikejiblog (@lindaikejiblogofficial)

Lady cries out in pain after her boyfriend penetrated in the wrong hole (Watch Video)

An African lady  cried uncontrollably after her boyfriend allegedly penetrated the wrong hole during a bedroom fun. In a Tiktok video which went Viral on social medias, A lady was seen in the video as she was in a great pain fanning her private part which a book as she was heard saying her boyfriend penetrated in the wrong hole. READ MORE: Man wrestles with an alligator as he saves his puppy (Watch video) The Video was posted on Instagram. Watch Video below View this post on Instagram A post shared by HYPED YOUTHS FAN PAGE (@hypedyouths)

"Your mama ain't leaving any time soon" Bobrisky warns "upcoming wannabe Bobriskys" that they can't take his "throne"

Nigerian Barbie doll, Bobrisky warned all upcoming wanna be Bobriskys that who are hoping to come for his throne must work hard. He also warned all those who wants him to be out of his throne that he has no plans of giving up. He wrote: "No one sit on her throne. All dis upcoming wanna be Bobrisky be ready to work extremely hard to sit on dis throne cos ur mama ain’t leaving anytime soon. Still leading as no ONE in Africa." SEE HIS INSTAGRAM POSTS BELOW

Wizard returning from coven mistakenly lands on roof top in Delta state (Watch video)

According to the reports, A young man has been allegedly accused of being a wizard as he Crashed on a Roof top Building at the Okpokpor street in Okpara-Inland in Ethiope-East local government area of Delta State in the afternoon on Saturday November 28. READ MORE:  Child rapist Fainted after being lashed 146 times with cane in Indonesia The man who was holding a hundred naira note in his hand, was identified as Omamuyovwi. He is said to be a commercial motor cycle operator who is well known in the community and married with two kids. It was also gathered that he was beaten with plantain Leaves and also almost set ablazed by was saved by the community Vigilante. READ ALSO:  "Call me evil names, idolator, juju worshipper, God is the final judge of all our actions" - Nigerian man says publicly as he denounced Christianity Eyewitnesses disclosed that Omamuyovwi was taken to his family compound at Igberhe street by the vigilante, where he reportedly confessed t

Nigerian Soldiers assault lady because she refused to greet them (Watch Video)

On Wednesday, November 25, A lady who is Identified as Olaide Oluwo has reposted on social media to demand Justice after she was beaten by Nigerian Army Personnel in Sangotedo, Lagos for not greeting them. READ ALSO:  White man Beaten up Mercilessly by a Black man after calling him a Monkey (Watch Video) According to a video shared online, Olaide said she was assaulted by the military personnel because she did not greet them READ HER STATEMENT BELOW ”This happened to me around 5pm. I did nothing to these people ..I didn’t even look at them until one of them flogged me ! I was walking and this guy insulted me ran after me and then flogged me with koboko! When people confronted them they said it’s cuz I didn’t greet them”   WATCH VIDEO BELOW   pic.twitter.com/JPs0Y3869e — Luu ❤🕊 (@Lucy_Anaaa) November 25, 2020