Skip to main content

Turkey shoots down two Syrian fighter jets over Idlib



Turkey's army shot down two Syrian government fighter jets over northwest Idlib, hours after forces loyal to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad introduced down a Turkish drone over the region.

In a Twitter post on Sunday, Turkey's defence ministry stated its forces struck two SU-24 aircraft in response to the downing of the drone.




Syria's SANA news organization tested the plane were hit over northwestern Idlib province, however said no one was hurt in the attack. The pilots used parachutes and landed safely, it added.

The shootdowns got here as Turkey announced a full-scale military operation dubbed "Spring Shield" against Syrian targets.

The Syrian military's Al-Nayrab airport, on the outskirts of Aleppo city, was once hit via air assaults "making it out of service", Turkey's state-run Anadolu news business enterprise stated "local sources" as saying.

Syrian forces used the airbase for "attacks in opposition to the Turkish armed forces and civilians in Idlib", the news document said.

"The regime's range of motion has been similarly confined as the Al-Nayrab military airport has been made unusable," sources had been quoted as saying.

According to the Al Jazeera news, They two were two unable to independently verify the report.

Amid the escalating tensions, the Syrian government closed the airspace over Idlib, with one respectable telling SANA any plane "that violates our airspace will be dealt with as a adversarial flight that need to be shot down and averted from achieving its objectives".

Forces loyal to al-Assad, backed via Russian airpower, have renewed an offensive to capture Idlib from opposition forces, who are backed with the aid of Turkey.

Since the operation intensified in December, Syrian government forces have hastily advanced into the remaining opposition stronghold, retaking the strategic M5 motorway and solidifying manage over components of Aleppo province, which borders Idlib.

Turkey says the operation violates deals signed with Russia in 2017 and 2018 to set up de-escalation zones in the region.

Tensions have escalated in recent days after 34 Turkish troops were killed in Syrian authorities air raids on Idlib on February 27. The toll was once the largest army loss the Turkish navy has suffered considering it intervened in the Syrian hostilities in 2016.

In response, Ankara said it struck rankings of Syrian authorities objectives and "neutralised" 2,212 soldiers.

Speaking in Hatay on Sunday, Turkish Defence Minister Hulusi Akar stated Ankara's response also destroyed eight Syrian helicopters, 103 tanks, 72 artillery and rocket launchers, and three air defence systems.

"Following the heinous assault on February 27 in Idlib, operation Spring Shield efficaciously continues," Akar stated in a video shared by means of the defence ministry.

Damascus is yet to remark on the Turkish claims.

"We have no intention of clashing with Russia. Our intention is to cease massacres Syrian regime's massacres, radicalisation and migration," Akar was once quoted as announcing by means of Turkish media.

He went on to pledge retaliation towards assaults on Turkish forces and its commentary posts in Idlib and said: "Turkey will solely goal Syrian regime troopers and elements in Idlib who attacked Turkish troops ... Turkey expects Russia to use its have an impact on to quit to Syrian regime attacks."

There used to be no instantaneous remark from Russia.

'Horror story'
The renewed war in Idlib has displaced almost one million people, in the main female and children, according to the United Nations. About 300 civilians have also been confirmed killed.

Syrian civil defence rescuers told Al Jazeera that four civilians had been killed, which includes a child, in an air attack on Sunday by means of authorities forces near the city of Maaret Masreen in Idlib.

Mark Lowcock, head of UN's humanitarian agency, has described the state of affairs as the "biggest humanitarian horror story of the twenty first century" and called for an immediately ceasefire.

At a pro-Turkish demonstration in Idlib's Hazzaneh town, Hussein al-Hamad stated Ankara intervened in Idlib "based on the request of the free Syrian people".

"We are in full help of the Turkey's armed forces' operation in Idlib and God inclined we will liberate all the towns in the province," al-Hamad instructed Al Jazeera.

"Turkey's strong intervention confirms the continuation of battles to wrest manipulate of the fallen areas from the Syrian regime forces and its Russian allies and Iranian militias."

Idlib resident Othman Abu Fadi additionally reacted positively to Turkey's army operation.

"We are all hopeful that something high quality will show up to relieve the Syrian human beings of their struggling ... We need an ally like Turkey to actively push returned the Syrian government force," Fadi informed Al Jazeera.

"The morale was once low when we realized of the regime's advancement into Idlib, however with the rebels taking lower back control of Saraqeb, our trust in the opposition agencies has resurged, especially with their positions in Jabal Zawiya and Sahl-al-Ghab. We hope in every other month's time Idlib will be beneath full manage of the rebels."

Comments

Popular Posts

Bobrisky and his lover in bed in a hotel room enjoying themselves (Watch Video)

  Nigerian Barbie doll, Bobrisky took to Snapchat to share a video of himself and his lover in bed at a hotel.   READ ALSO:  Man arrested for having s*x with chickens and his own dog, resulting in the death of 15 chickens READ ALSO:  White man Beaten up Mercilessly by a Black man after calling him a Monkey (Watch Video) READ ALSO:  Argentina legend Diego Maradona dies at age 60 READ ALSO:   Acting DG of NABDA arrested over alleged N400m fraud READ ALSO:  White man Beaten up Mercilessly by a Black man after calling him a Monkey (Watch Video) In the video, the man refused to reveal his face as the cross-dresser tried to introduce him to his fans on Snapchat.  WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW View this post on Instagram A post shared by Elizabethblog (@elizabethblogng)

White man Beaten up Mercilessly by a Black man after calling him a Monkey (Watch Video)

A white man was beaten by a black man after calling him a Monkey. It was recorded that this Inicident happened in South Africa. The white man was beaten without mercy by a petrol attendant last night for the racist attack. READ ALSO:  A thief set ablaze in Delta for snatching phone with toy gun (Pictures) READ ALSO:  Bride-To-Be Kidnapped Just Three Weeks To Her Wedding In Jigawa state, Nigeria He was being attacked by the fuel attendant and his colleagues. And he even tried to fight back at a point but was overpowered by the fuel attendants who used a stick and a whip on him for allegedly calling one of them a ‘Monkey.’ WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW View this post on Instagram A post shared by Lindaikejiblog (@lindaikejiblogofficial)

Lady cries out in pain after her boyfriend penetrated in the wrong hole (Watch Video)

An African lady  cried uncontrollably after her boyfriend allegedly penetrated the wrong hole during a bedroom fun. In a Tiktok video which went Viral on social medias, A lady was seen in the video as she was in a great pain fanning her private part which a book as she was heard saying her boyfriend penetrated in the wrong hole. READ MORE: Man wrestles with an alligator as he saves his puppy (Watch video) The Video was posted on Instagram. Watch Video below View this post on Instagram A post shared by HYPED YOUTHS FAN PAGE (@hypedyouths)

A real Ghost Caught on Camera in an Abandoned Hospital

A Ghost was seen to have appeared in an Abandoned mental hospital as Urban Explorers sight this on Camera. According to the two explorers, Jamie Osborne and Michael Cosgrove stated that they both went to Rosslynlee Hospital which was abandoned in Scotland near Roslin in Midlothian as they went to explore. READ ALSO:  A Man arrested and Jailed for 21 months after throwing eggs at police station Rooms inside the eerie derelict mental health facility had remained untouched for over a decade when it closed its doors. They had been taking it in turns to pose in a wheelchair that had been left in one of the hospital's rooms when they checked one image which appeared to capture a woman wearing a white gown "reaching over" Michael. READ ALSO:  Teacher In Trouble after Flogging a Student to death Over a Mathematics Question Jamie, from Edinburgh, described how the "air turned cold" when they entered the spooky facility and that they could see their breat

"Your mama ain't leaving any time soon" Bobrisky warns "upcoming wannabe Bobriskys" that they can't take his "throne"

Nigerian Barbie doll, Bobrisky warned all upcoming wanna be Bobriskys that who are hoping to come for his throne must work hard. He also warned all those who wants him to be out of his throne that he has no plans of giving up. He wrote: "No one sit on her throne. All dis upcoming wanna be Bobrisky be ready to work extremely hard to sit on dis throne cos ur mama ain’t leaving anytime soon. Still leading as no ONE in Africa." SEE HIS INSTAGRAM POSTS BELOW

31yr old Man rapes woman in vehicle after arranging to buy her underwear

A 31yr old Man (Luis Francisco Cruz) was arrested by the East Pennsboro Police after allegedly raping a woman who had arranged to sell him her underwear in a transaction on Facebook Marketplace. According to the Police, Luis Francisco Cruz, 31, is charged with rape, sexual assault, aggravated indecent assault, false imprisonment, and indecent assault. READ ALSO:  Covid-19: Do not travel home for the festivities – FG appeals to Nigerians READ ALSO: Gowon stole half of CBN – UK parliament member claims (WatchVideo) The victim reported the sexual assault on Oct. 24, but the incident occurred on June 12, according to the victim. According to police, the victim reported that Cruz contacted the victim on social media earlier this year, offering to buy her panties. The victim said she agreed to meet with him for the transaction because she had lost her job, but explicitly told him in her messages to him that there would be "no sex" involved, police say. When the victim m

Nigerian Soldiers assault lady because she refused to greet them (Watch Video)

On Wednesday, November 25, A lady who is Identified as Olaide Oluwo has reposted on social media to demand Justice after she was beaten by Nigerian Army Personnel in Sangotedo, Lagos for not greeting them. READ ALSO:  White man Beaten up Mercilessly by a Black man after calling him a Monkey (Watch Video) According to a video shared online, Olaide said she was assaulted by the military personnel because she did not greet them READ HER STATEMENT BELOW ”This happened to me around 5pm. I did nothing to these people ..I didn’t even look at them until one of them flogged me ! I was walking and this guy insulted me ran after me and then flogged me with koboko! When people confronted them they said it’s cuz I didn’t greet them”   WATCH VIDEO BELOW   pic.twitter.com/JPs0Y3869e — Luu ❤🕊 (@Lucy_Anaaa) November 25, 2020