Skip to main content

Trump says Covid-19 will 'go away without vaccine', expects US death to top 95,000



Donald Trump has said coronavirus will “go away without a vaccine” and is expecting 95,000 or more deaths within the US, as Mike Pence’s press secretary tested positive for coronavirus.

The president’s comments, at an occasion with Republican lawmakers, capped a horror week within the US, during which it had been revealed unemployment had risen to 14.7%, up from 3.5% in February, with 20 million people losing their jobs in April.


The news that Mike Pence’s press secretary Katie Miller had Covid-19, having recently tested negative, again brought the danger of the virus to the White House clique . Katie Miller is married to the White House immigration adviser and speech writer Stephen Miller. On Thursday one among Trump’s personal valets tested positive to the virus.

The president again seemed to reset expectations for the ultimate US price , saying he expected 95,000 or more to die. the present toll stands at just over 77,000, with nearly 1.3 million infections, including nearly 29,000 new infections added to the calculate Friday.

The US state department on Friday accused China and Russia of stepping up cooperation to spread false narratives over the coronavirus pandemic, saying Beijing was increasingly adopting techniques honed by Moscow.

“Even before the Covid-19 crisis we assessed a particular level of coordination between Russia and therefore the PRC within the realm of propaganda,” said Lea Gabrielle, coordinator of the state department’s global engagement centre which tracks foreign propaganda.

“But with this pandemic the cooperation has accelerated rapidly,” she told reporters, during a continuing war of words between Washington and Beijing.

Leaders of the US congressional foreign affairs committees weighed in by writing to just about 60 countries asking them to support Taiwan’s participation within the World Health Organization, citing the necessity for the broadest effort possible to fight the coronavirus pandemic. The move is probably going to further inflame Sino-US relations as Taiwan isn't a member of the United Nations , and has been excluded from the WHO, thanks to objections from China, which considers Taiwan to be a part of its territory.

Taiwan has been seeking to hitch a ministerial meeting this month of the WHO’s decision-making body, the planet Health Assembly, with backing from Washington and a number of other US allies. Taiwan has argued that its exclusion from the WHO has created a dangerous gap within the global fight against the coronavirus.


China reported one new coronavirus case on Saturday and 15 new asymptomatic cases. the country’s total number of infections stood at 82,887, with the death total unchanged at 4,633, the national health authority said.

In Italy, the top of the infectious diseases department at the renowned Sacco hospital in Milan, Massimo Galli, said the northern city was “a little bit of a bomb” in terms of the virus spreading.

“We have a really high number of infected people returning to circulation,” he told La Repubblica, after photographs of individuals sitting along Milan’s canals enjoying aperitifs within the sunshine, many without wearing masks or respecting physical distancing rules, were splashed over the front pages of the country’s newspapers.

Milan’s mayor, Giuseppe Sala, said the behaviour was “shameful” and threatened to shut the well-known aperitif area if people persisted in flouting the principles . Almost 40% of Italy’s infections are within the Lombardy region, of which Milan is that the capital.

On Friday, Italy became the primary country within the European Union to pass 30,000 deaths from the virus. Britain, which left the EU in January, passed that milestone on Wednesday, and deaths on Friday stood at quite 31,300.


Travellers into the united kingdom are going to be quarantined for 2 weeks once they arrive as a part of measures to stop a second peak of the coronavirus pandemic, Boris Johnson is predicted to mention on Sunday when he lays out his roadmap out of the lockdown. He will announce the introduction of quarantine measures for people that reach airports, ports and Eurostar train stations, including for Britons coming back from abroad.

People are going to be asked to supply the address at which they're going to self-isolate for 2 weeks on arrival by filling out a digital form, consistent with a report within the Times newspaper.

Russia on Friday registered quite 10,000 new coronavirus cases for the sixth day during a row, after emerging as a replacement hotspot of the pandemic. the entire number of infections stood at nearly 188,000. The country also recorded 98 new deaths from the virus, for a complete of 1,723, and while some officials were considering softening the present lockdown, the WHO warned Russia was browsing a “delayed epidemic.”

WHO emergencies director Michael Ryan said during a virtual briefing must “learn a number of the lessons” which came at great cost in other parts of the planet .


Comments

Popular Posts

"I Will Never Campaign For Any APC, PDP Member Again" – Nollywood Actress, Iyabo Ojo Vows

A Popular Nigerian actress (Iyabo Ojo ) has promised that she will never support or campaign for any member of PDP and APC in the next coming elections.

According to the actress, she posted this on her Twitter page with an Hashtag End Bad Governance

According to Iyabo Ojo twitter;


She Tweeted:

“I Alice Iyabo Ojo will never support or campaign for any APC or PDP member again in my life even if you are my family or friends. We need a new Nigeria. We need to stop recycling.”

Her post comes days after youths took to the street to demand an end to bad governance in Nigeria.

Lekki toll gate hidden camera: Fashola illegally tampered with exhibits – Lawyer Ebun Adegboruwa says

A Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN) and member of the Lagos State Judicial Panel of Inquiry into the activities of the disbanded Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS), Mr Ebun Adegboruwa has accused Minister of Works and Housing (Babatunde Fashola) for Interfering with exhibits during a visit to Lekki toll gate as he led a Federal Government delegation to commiserate with the Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu over the loss of lives and destruction of properties in the violence that rocked the state last week.

According to the SAN (Ebun Adegboruwa) it stated the it was illegal to conduct any visit at the Lekki Toll Plaza in the absense without the authority and also with out the permission of the panel, .appealed to the Governor of Lagos State to allow the Panel the full autonomy and independence that was promised at the time of inauguration




According to the statement; it reads


“BRF TAMPERS WITH EVIDENCE
AT LEKKI TOLL GATE ..RETRIEVES HIDDEN CAMERA WITHOUT PANEL’S CONSENT....”

USURPATI…

Buhari Reveals that 69 persons were killed during the #ENDSARS Protest in Nigeria

According to the Nigerian President Buhari has revealed that 69 persons has been killed during the #ENDSARS protest across the Country.

According to the BBC reports, It was stated that the Nigerian president has revealed this statement during a virtual meeting with the former leaders and security chiefs on Friday October 2.

He also stated during the meeting that 51 civilians, 11 police officers, and seven soldiers were killed in the unrest.

Buhari was quoted saying in a statement released by Femi Adesina that the killing came off an “initial genuine and well-intended protest of youths which was hijacked and misdirected”.



It was further gathered that the Nigerian President who stated that his administration will not allow miscreants and criminals to continue to perpetrate acts of hooliganism in the country, accused the protesters of refusing to call off the protest in spite of meeting their demands.



According to his statement, He read;


”Unfortunately, the protesters refused to call of…

Bobrisky flaunts herself with no makeup on (Photos)

This Nigerian Barbie doll (Bobrisky) shows off her new self with no makeup on instagram as she shows off her new face on Instagram

Presidency explains why Buhari didn't speak on Lekki toll gate shooting in his speech

The President of Nigeria (Muhammadu Buhari) has stated the reason why he didnt speak on Lekki toll gate shootings during his speech on Thursday, October 22.

According to the presidential aide (Femi Adeshina) during an interview of channels Tv "Politics Today" he said that it will be “premature and presumptuous" for Buhari to talk about the shooting as it was still being investigated.



According to Femi Adesina said;


“The Defence Headquarters issued a statement to say that it was investigating the matter. Lagos State Governor has also set up a probe panel to investigate what really happened.

“So, the President couldn’t have said anything because it would be premature and presumptuous while investigation is ongoing. It is after investigation has been concluded that he can speak on the matter.”

A Nigerian Lawyer Reveals How Abuja Thugs Were Paid N1,500 To Attack And Damage Cars During the #ENDSARS Protests

According to a protester who was attacked by the hoodlums in Abuja stated her experiences with ADELANI ADEPEGBA in this interview.

What is your name?

I’m Kaka George. I’m a lawyer.

During the #EndSARS protests in Abuja, you were attacked and your car was damaged. What is the level of damage to your car?

It is a Toyota Prado 2008 model. The hoodlums damaged the front and rear windshields, all the windows, front and rear bumpers, and the boot as well. The repair cost was put at N300,000. We are looking for money and people have been generous.

How do you feel about the attack?

It is sad to see that the thugs could let themselves be manipulated when we were fighting for all of us. Just because of the N1,500 they said they were paid, they caused a damage of over N300,000. It is disheartening to see that fellow youths and citizens would allow themselves to be used in that way but we are pushing through it all and we are still taking our stand. That same day, my phone was damaged, I bruised my kne…

Trump’s supporter pulls a gun on protesters after a liquid was splashed on him (Watch video)

According to a video that was shared online, It was seen that Trump supporter was pulling a gun on protesters after a liquid was splashed on him.

In the video that was recorded at the scene, This incident took place at the Woodinville at the north of the kirkland, the man was seen as he pulled a gun as he was spotted wearing pro- Trump cap and waving a gun at the protesters.

The lady who captured the incident in a video, was then heard demanding to get his name as well as the names of the people he seemed to be rolling with, who also looked like Trump supporters from their getups.



After being berated for threatening violence as he placed back the gun to where he pulled it out from, the man gave an excuse of "something being dumped on him". The lady claims it's just water and calls him a snowflake.


The police were called into the scene, the Trump supporter who claimed a mix of spit and piss was dumped on him was neither arrested of detained. TMZ reported that police are now …